Welcome to the Brooklyn Shoe Space! We are pleased you will be joining us. Basic rule of thumb: Be curious, be creative, have fun, and MAKE!
Please read the following thoroughly. By booking a class either on Brooklyn Shoe Space site, Coursehorse, Eventbrite, or Verlocal, you are accepting the following terms and conditions:
Brooklyn Shoe Space RULES & REGULATIONS
- Brooklyn Shoe Space fosters a creative environment and the workshops are in group-settings. For discreet projects, please contact the instructor ahead and make a private session. Additional Fees may apply.
- Classes start and end promptly. You will be asked to begin clean up 10 minutes prior to class end time. Please do not show up more than 10 minutes early for class -- you may not start work on projects until class time has begun.
- During the duration of your workshops, you may be photographed, filmed and/or videotaped. They may be used for marketing purposes solely for Brooklyn Shoe Space and the instructor’s social media sites. Please contact your instructor if you would like to specifically opt-out of the photographs.
- During the duration of your workshops you may leave your equipment and supplies with your name on it, in the designated shelf area.
- Brooklyn Shoe Space is not responsible for students’ lost or damaged property.
- All work will be discarded if not claimed within one week of your class end date.
USER & ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY
- When gluing, please use gloves and masks and turn on the fan at the gluing station. Prevent to inhale or apply the glue to your skin. But! Only use gloves when you really need to. Write you name on the glove and reuse until no longer usable.
- When sanding, please tie your hair back, and use a dust mask and goggles, and turn on the dust collector.
- Any equipment that creates dust, please use the extra dust vacuum to gather dust as it is created.
- Adjusting machinery, please try to reach out to Keiko before adjusting. Or get a tutorial on how to work the machines before you adjust too much. If nobody is hear to ask, there is a mechanic’s number on the door. Please call Yakob. He will charge for his visit. $60-$80 depending on the severity/length of his stay. If the damage was made clearly by misuse of the user, the user will be asked to pay for the repair in their monthly invoice.
- Watch each other’s back. DO intervene whenever you see something potentially dangerous happening. Don’t just watch it happen.
- If you do not know how to properly use the machine, please ask other members. If no one is around, either call and reach out, or look on youtube for tutorials.
- Garbage is only collected on Monday and Thursday nights.
- Food & Drinks garbage must be taken out on a daily basis, and tossed out in public garbage cans, or brought back home.
- You can send mail to the studio. Please indicate the room# clearly. Mailbox key is held by Keiko. She will pick up mail.
- If any delivery comes to the door, please sign for everyone and pass on the items to the addressee member.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND NONCOMPETITION
- Respect the non-disclosure of the creative community that happens within the Brooklyn Shoe Space.
- Members and students are encouraged to share ideas and inspire each other, but ideas and designs that are shared are NOT meant to be copied or shared without the member/student/other’s consent.
- Members and Students may have access to or receive certain information of other members and students or Brooklyn Shoe Space itself that are designated as confidential, or that under circumstances surrounding disclosure, ought to be treated as confidential by the Member, student, or Brooklyn Shoe Space. Please be considerate. If suspected, just ask and be open.
- Confidential Information includes information relating to the Members, Students or Brooklyn Shoe Space, its current or proposed business, financial statements, budgets and projections, customer identifying information, potential and intended customers, clients, vendors, sources, employers, products, computer programs, specifications, manuals, software, analyses, strategies, marketing plans, business plans, and other confidential information, provided orally, in writing, by drawings, or by any other media.
Members/Students will treat the Confidential information as their personal knowledge and will not disclose it to any third party or use it for any purpose.
- Members and Students are encouraged to collaborate, and enhance each other’s abilities and or techniques, and to learn through classes and by working in the co-working environment. During the time you step foot in the Brooklyn Shoe Space, or when you finish classes/terminate memberships, Members and Students may not copy a design or business ideas of another Member or Student without his/her consent. Members and Students, may not be connected with the ownership, management, operation, or control of a business similar to the type of business conducted by Brooklyn Shoe Space for a period of 2 years and within 300 miles of the Brooklyn Shoe Space’s business. If Members or Students breaches or threatens to breach this section, Brooklyn Shoe Space will be entitled to a preliminary restraining order and injunction preventing the Member or Student from violating its provisions. Nothing in this agreement prohibits Brooklyn Shoe Space from pursuing any other available remedies for a breach or threatened breach, including the recovery of damages from the Member or Student.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
ALL CLASSES, WORKSHOPS, SPECIAL EVENTS and GIFT CERTIFICATES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND NON REFUNDABLE. No refunds will be given on classes or Gift Certificates. Gift Certificates are valid for (1) one year from the date of purchase. If you purchased your class on CourseHorse, then our Refund & Cancellation policy applies to your purchase. If you are entitled to a refund, or have any questions, please visit the CourseHorse site in New York and contact their customer service team.
CLASS MAKE-UP POLICY
We are a small studio and reorganizing and rescheduling classes is very difficult to accommodate. Please make sure to gear up, stay healthy, and prepare to come to class. Please respect the teacher's and other students' time and energy they bring to the classroom.
For multiple-day classes, if you have to miss a day, you are responsible for getting the information that will catch you up on missed information during the class hours. Any additional time you will need to finish the project due to your absence shall be signed-up as a studio-hour session at a $20/h rate.
If you are entitled to a refund, or have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, minimum 5 days before the class.
5-day intensive classes get a 1 day free pass in addition to the class, to further dive into the craft.
DISCOUNTS & COUPONS
All discounts and coupons are nontransferable, limited to single use, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or offer.
The Brooklyn Shoe Space reserves the right to refuse service, to charge student for damaged studio property, and is not responsible for students' lost or damaged property.